Serve the Lord Through the Local Church
At Eastridge, we believe that church membership is a meaningful step for followers of Jesus who wish to make official their commitment to a local church family.
Requirements for Membership
- Salvation: You must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- Baptism by Immersion: We believe that immersion baptism after salvation is a public testimony of an individual's commitment to Jesus Christ. Baptism is a clear step of obedience to Christ.
- Convictions: We also believe that common convictions regarding the Christian faith and life are important in maintaining church unity. Therefore, Eastridge also requires that its members agree with our beliefs and our Membership Covenant.
Benefits of Membership
- You are joining together with other believers for mutual fellowship and encouragement (Hebrews 10:19-25)
- You will have more opportunities to use your spiritual gifts in serving the Body of Christ (1 Peter 4:12). Eastridge requires membership for certain areas of service
- You are expressing your commitment to a local church. It is a public promise and a commitment to another party--in this case, a local body of believers.
Steps to Becoming a Member
Step 1: Take Eastridge 101
Eastridge 101 is our new member's class. This is required for all those seeking membership so they can become familiar with the vision, beliefs, and ministries of Eastridge. Taking the class does not make you a member, nor does it obligate you to become a member. Please contact the church office for the date of the next scheduled class.
Step 3: Complete an Informal Interview
Once we've received your completed application and Membership Covenant, one of our elders will contact you and arrange an informal meeting to discuss your desire to be a member.